Freedom Solar’s Outside Sales Consultants strive to exceed customer expectations and build lasting relationships with home-owners. Our Sales Consutants actively identify and pursue leads in order to meet sales quotas of solar systems and energy efficiency services. We take a consultative approach to educating customers on the growing solar/clean energy industry. Outside Sales Consultants schedule appointments and travel to visit with prospective customers at their homes daily. Our Sales Consultants are the primary external representatives of Freedom Solar and are expected to convey a sense of expertise in services and capabilities offered. This position requires tact, adaptability, confidence, and a high degree of customer service and professionalism.
- Sales of residential solar electric systems and energy efficiency services.
- Closing deals and signing contracts at client homes.
- Prospecting for and qualifying leads.
- Utilizing online tools and conducting preliminary site evaluations to develop an initial system design.
- Generating project proposals/quotes for customers.
- Analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment.
- Must have a clear understanding of contract agreements and be able to explain and review agreements with customers.
- Communicating with project and design team throughout job completion.
- Logging all communications with customers in contact database.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of a successful track record of in-home sales experience.
- Experience with solar installation, design, or sales preferred (though not required because we offer training).
- Proven ability to build and develop business relationships.
- Experience building a book of business.
- Strong ability to project monthly sales numbers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Basic Excel
- Desire to stay on the leading edge of the solar and renewable energies industry.
- Understanding of general construction a plus.
- World class communication and customer service skills and experience.
- Four year college degree preferred
- Clean DMV driving record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated to earn $
- Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
- Career path opportunities for top performers