The Crew Lead will report into the Operations Manager and will function as the lead PV technician for Freedom Solar. They will meet with clients to coordinate the completion of the array and all related equipment necessary to provide a complete a custom designed working photovoltaic system.
The Crew Lead will provide leadership and technical expertise for the Freedom Solar installation teams. In this position, the Crew Lead will communicate the necessary job status data to the Freedom Solar operations management team to assure the successful operation of complete and working systems. The ideal candidate will also lead efforts for safe working practices for the Freedom Solar installation team.
- Must have a minimum of two years of PV installation experience, including at least 6 months of leading a crew of two.
- Proficiency in installing all types of grid-tied inverters & able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems.
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to PV installations.
- Must be very organized and be able to meet aggressive timelines.
- Willing to do residential, commercial & service work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must deliver a high level of customer service.
- All candidates must submit and be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, lift 100 pounds, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Motivated to earn $
- Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
- Career path opportunities for top performers